Search This Blog

Sunday 31 August 2014

I believe in Street Parking, do you? – My Garage Gym


I believe in Street Parking, do you? – My Garage Gym


You may be asking yourself…Street parking?
Well, you could call it street parking, driveway parking or even I-don’t-have-room-in-my-garage-for-a-car-because-I-have-too-much-workout-equipment parking (Wow, longest hyphenated word ever).
This post was spurred for two reasons.
  • Reason #1 – Rogue Fitness came out with, probably the coolest commercial I have ever seen. Makes me wish I had the resources to create something like this for End of Three Fitness, but until then I will share theirs. [Video below]
  • Reason #2 – I get a lot of emails and comments about my garage gym. Normally something along the lines of, “You must have a pretty freaking sweet garage gym!”. But, my response is normally…my garage gym is 95% homemade DIY equipment, and it’s not as pretty as you may think, but it’s functional. So I want to share with you EXACTLY what my garage gym is like.
Roll Street parking footage…
End of Three Fitness and (Garage) Gyms
I do my best not to alienate garage gymers and non-garage gymers. Because, truly, End of Three fitness is not only for the DIY Fitness types out there. We are about doing things differently, and becoming better humans. That’s our purpose.
End of Three Fitness is here to be a refuge for those who have cancelled the monthly gym membership, but it is also here to be a haven for all those who want to do cool things, accomplish physical feats and maybe show the world you are a little more serious than the rest of them.
Our aim is to become a better human, a better version of ourselves – in every aspect of our lives; to include fitness. We want to live a fun adventurous life that matters.
The DIY Corner is a resource that was built to eliminate any excuses you may have for not being extremely fit, to help you save money and to get the most out of your time.
Nonetheless, I have written quite a few things about garage gyms:
Having said all that….Let’s get into garage gyms!

2012 gym 1024x455 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage GymMy (Ideal) Garage Gym

Ok…so maybe my ideal gym is really just a warehouse full of equipment that only I can use…That’s realistic, right?
Like I said, people always think I must have the coolest garage gym in the world….but I don’t. I have a perfectly functional garage gym, and that’s it.
Honestly, if I had a crap-ton of disposable income, I would probably have Rogue Fitness deck out my garage gym in it’s entirety (as seen above)….Of course, with some DIY elements to keep true to my roots.
But that’s not the case!
I actually enjoy DIY projects and do it for more reasons that just to save money. I like to work with my hands and to build, I always have. Whether I am refinishing a coffee table or building jerk boxes. I really like building stuff.
Some things are worth building and some are worth buying.
For instance I think the following project should be built regardless of your income – just because of how much it costs to buy vs. what you will spend.
  • Plyo Box
  • Medicine Ball
  • Parallettes
Then there are the things you just shouldn’t build…
  • Barbell
  • Plates
  • Rower’s
  • Airdyne’s
So find your balance and your level of interest and go from there! Here’s what I’ve got.
Garage Gym BW 5 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage Gym
There she is – in all her glory. My garage gym icon smile I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage Gym
Simple. Effective. Functional.
I have pretty much everything I need in there, and of course, if I don’t have something…I build it. You may be asking, “Where is the power rack!?”. Unfortunately, when I moved into this house, the ceiling was too low to install the power rack. So it is dismantled and in my attic waiting to be reassembled.
Garage Gym BW 4 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage Gym
I have a lot of stuff in my garage gym now, but at one point, all I had was this barbell, a plyometric box and a medicine ball. Those three things got the job done for a long time.
Garage Gym BW 3 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage GymThere is the original plyo box. It has been through the ringer and I haven’t had a single issue with it at all. The tire is nice for pulling and dragging, but I don’t use it as much in my new neighborhood.
And the little garage gym helper in the background. He likes to find the lightest medicine ball (4 lb) and bring it to me.
Garage Gym BW 2 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage Gym
Like I said, some things you just don’t build.
This is the most expensive piece of equipment I have purchased for my garage gym….but I love it. I hate running, so I do a lot of rowing. Worth the money if you like rowing. Very durable.
Garage Gym BW 1 I believe in Street Parking, do you?   My Garage Gym
Random stuff, but essential.
Powerful fan. Bike. Bench. Bag.
I like to mix things up in my training so I do a little bit of everything. I love to run with the bag or, many other sandbag type workouts. I am new to cycling, but it isn’t too bad.
Still love the barbell more than anything else.
###
Alright, there she is! My garage gym. I would love to see yours and share it on the End of Three Fitness Facebook page. If you have a cool pic or DIY project, send it my way – Jerred@EndofThreeFitness.com
PS – Highlighting the Eo3 Community
I shared this on Facebook yesterday, but I have to get it out here too.
A Eo3Fitter beat me to accomplishing one of my goals! Isaac working out on top of a mountain! Thanks for sending in the pic and the story Isaac! Read his story here.
Source:- http://www.endofthreefitness.com/i-believe-in-street-parking-do-you-my-garage-gym/

1 comment:

  1. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    Surface mount bollard

    ReplyDelete