Search This Blog

Monday 21 July 2014

Garage/Drive, Crowborough, Sussex


Garage and Drive in Sussex
I have been thinking about garages quite a lot recently on account that our one
is full of stuff and has not had a car inside it since the day we moved in.  In fact,
in all the houses we have lived in I have never used the garage for car parking!!
Storage is a massive issue in my life as I haven’t got enough and I am currently
paying Easistore a small fortune to look after all the bits and bobs that I can’t be
bothered to sell on Ebay.  On the plans for our new house, I thought about 
dispensing with the garage as we never use ours and as I did not like where it
had to be sited adjacent to the house.  Andy then pointed out that the resale
value of our new home would plummet and “where would we put all this junk?”
Hmm – good point!
On reflection though, the nearer it is to the house the easier it should be to lug
the shopping in and out plus the kids and all their paraphernalia.  I spend an
inordinate amount of time in my car because we live rurally and everything
(except the village pub) is at least a half hour drive away.  I also think that
making the space between the garage and house as pretty as possible is really
important with some kind of paving/hard surface so that you don’t have to get
horrible muddy shoes in the middle of winter.
I think it is possible to build a garage with some design aesthetics and timber
framed ones tend to tick the box.  The possibilities are endless and I like the
ones that have additional rooms above which can be used as an office, guest
room or teenagers den.  Have a look on my Pinterest board for more ideas.
Although this property already had a very pretty timber framed garage they
wanted stables plus a hay barn and a new driveway to mitigate the mud in
winter.

  • Categories

  • Latest Tweets

  • Pinterest

  • Get in Touch

    Telephone: 01732 700539
    info@stpierrecontractors.co.uk
    Winterton House, High Street, Westerham, Kent TN16 1AT

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment